Welcome to SMC
All managers need to periodically review and plan ahead, assess and train employees and work teams for improved individual and organizational productivity and performance. This is where SMC can be a great ally and friend.
As an external consultant with expertise in organizational analysis, psychometrics, group facilitation and mediation we can provide valuable assistance in these matters. An independent facilitator can efficiently run focus groups, organizational and performance reviews, executive planning retreats, and training programmes.
Synergetics offers this and much more! Our consultants have qualifications and wide experience in industrial and organizational psychology, in business and commerce. They provide expertise in psychometric assessment/profiles (cognitive, personality, etc), mediating and resolving internal and external conflicts, dealing with emotional and mental health issues affecting work performance, and developing talent through performance feedback, executive coaching and employee counselling.
We provide high quality consulting advice for the following key organizational functions:-
- Executive Coaching >>
- Risk & Emergency Management >>
- Employee Assistance Programmes >>
- Personnel Training & Development >>
- Personnel Recruitment & Assessment >>
- Organizational Design & Development >>
- Leadership development
- Strategic team development
- Facilitated focus and discussion groups
- Design and building of cultures (eg. mergers & acquisitions)
- Consulting in culture change and organizational transformation
- Vision and values workshops to align strategy, culture & leadership
I would be happy to meet with you (or talk by phone) to discuss your concerns, requirements, etc, and how we may be of assistance to you.
President of Synergetics MC
Our Mission: To provide a comprehensive range of expert psychological services
in order to enhance the effectiveness of organizations and individuals.
Our Vision: To be a leader in enabling clients to live optimally productive and fulfilling lives
in harmony with the earth's biosphere.
Synergetics Core Dimensions
Conflict and stress flow naturally from human differences, and when transformed enable us to perfom at our peak, both individually and organizationally.
Human DifferencesOur differences make life both interesting, challenging and difficult. Understanding ourselves helps us to understand and value others and celebrate diversity at work. This ability becomes even more important in a multicultural and globalized society. Synergetics psychologists have the expertise and experience to explore these dimensions, in training groups, 1-1 coaching and counselling. As psychologists we have access to a wide range of psychometric tests and tools.
Conflict ManagementConflict arises from our differences. It can be creative when well managed. It can be also be toxic, undermining group synergy and adversely affecting productivity and profit. Conflict can exist at all levels within an organization: interpersonal, intergroup and inter-organizational (with suppliers, contractors, community groups, government agencies, etc). We can coach and train individuals and teams, from shop floor to senior management, to manage conflict more effectively and to improve their communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. We can also act as an independent and impartial facilitator or mediator in more difficult situations.
Stress ManagementBoth too little and too much stress can lead to distress and coping problems, expressed as boredom, burnout, breakdown, psychosomatic symptoms (e.g. insomnia, substance abuse), psychological disorders (e.g. panic, depression), and interference with work performance (e.g. irritability, accidents, absenteeism or 'presenteeism'). Stress audits, job analysis and re-design, coaching, counselling, training and development programmes can help individuals and teams function more effectively and in their zone of optimum stress for peak performance.
Peak PerformancePeak performing employees are the key to top performing organizations. Unleashing the potential of individuals and work teams satisfies both the employee and employer. This synergetic empowerment peaks when conflict and stress are both transformed into positive, productive resources. Our Peak Performance Coaching and Training Programmes, incorporating state-of-the-art neurotechnologies, provide individuals and organizations with unique and powerful tools for achieving optimal personal effectiveness.
We provide a comprehensive range of expert psychological services
in order to enhance the effectiveness of organizations and individuals.
Our high quality consulting advice addresses the following key organizational functions:
- Creating a vision &/or mission statement
- Clarifying values, searching desirable futures
- Designing effective organizational structures & systems
- Organizational reviews & planning sessions
- Team assessment & development, DiSC™, TMS™
- Gap analysis: performance versus expectations
- Balanced Scorecard & Total Quality assessments
- Stress, Wellness, OH&S audits
- Safety plans and security reviews
- Critical Incident Stress Management /Debriefing
- Trauma assistance & injury rehabilitation programs
- Corporate health management system and tools
- GlobalMedic™ Health & Wellness Companion
- Psychological profiles: cognitive, skill, personality
- 360 degree feedback on performance
- Myer-Briggs Advanced Interpretive Reports
- Innovative and effective T&D events and programs
- On- or off-site, from the shop floor to senior executives
- Executive coaching & self-development tools, including books, CDs, videos, and peak-performance technologies Our Clinical Psychologist can help your organization or CEOs set up their own "brain brightening", "peak performance" brain gymnasium.
- Professional speakers to enliven, inform and inspire your next meeting, seminar or conference.
Training Programs available include:
Manager as Coach, Manager as Mediator
Understanding Self and Others
Resolving Workplace Conflict
Dealing With Difficult People
Handling Workplace Bullying
Managing Work-Life Balance
High Performance Teams
Personal Effectiveness Training
Critical Incident Stress Management
- Confidential, professional assistance to employees whose work performance is, or may become, affected by personal or work related problems, such as anxiety, panic, stress, trauma, grief, pain, insomnia, depression, anger, addictions, substance abuse, eating disorders, sexual/relationship difficulties, etc.
- Customized to save your business time and money by:-
-improving performance, enhancing workplace morale
-reducing absenteeism, sick leave, accidents, breakages
- Counsellors are highly qualified, registered Clinical or Counselling Psychologists with at least five years' experience in EAP and Rehabilitation Counselling.
- Competitive prices based on level of service you require.
Work-Life BalanceA healthy balance between work and personal life is a major issue for executives & others. Companies need to effectively implement flexible work practices that help people achieve work/life balance. Our work-life services include:
- Developing and administering needs assessment surveys
- Facilitating development of a corporate work-life strategy
- Customizing manager and employee work-life training to support your corporate business goals and values.
Psychologists add extra depth and skill to the coaching process. Also, they have access to the psychological tools & tests needed for a professional assessment on which to base and develop a framework for a collaborative, coaching experience. Our senior coach is a Clinical Psychologist with a Masters degree in Organizational Psychology and postgraduate qualifications in education, training and clinical hypnosis.